Frequently Asked Questions
Custom Home Building
Q1. What is involved in building a custom home with Meridian Homes?
We pride ourselves on both the Quality of our Work and Customer Satisfaction. For these reasons, Meridian Homes has streamlined the process to build your dream home. Here are the steps:
- Get to know each other: we will meet you either on site or at your selected location for a collaborative meeting to communicate what we can offer and to evaluate your project. We like to listen to you and understand what your goals are.
- We evaluate the project by asking several questions that will help us identify your needs and wants, such as "Do you own a lot?", or "Do you have a design?", etc.
- Develop design and concept; we will work with your architectural team or we can introduce you to ours.
- Conceptual estimate: we will meet internally to review the information received from you to provide you with a broad estimate prior to seeing actual drawings.
- Detailed design evolution.
- Create a more precise estimate based upon your detailed design and, if necessary develop cost alternatives.
- Finalize architectural design and engineered drawings.
- Final quote and contract review.
- Begin construction!
Q2. Will Meridian build on my own existing lot?
As a custom home builder, Meridian Homes can build your dream home on a lot that you already own if it is located within the Central Florida areas where we normally build. However, if you are still looking for a home site to build your home, we can help with that too. Feel free to browse our Projects for available home sites or Contact us if you need assistance.
Q3. Is it possible to customize or design my own plan?
Yes! Meridian has specific programs in place to assist you in designing a home “from scratch”.
Q4. Can I modify one of Meridian's homes that’s already under construction?
It depends on how far the construction process has progressed. Design changes are easier than structural changes. Talk to us and we'll figure it out together.
Q5. Where can I see some of Meridian’s finished homes?
Meridian has several homes available for viewing. Please call us at 407-602-8257 or Email us to schedule a viewing.
Q6. How long does it take to build a custom home?
Building a custom home is a process that takes time. We will never rush your decisions or our detailed craftsmanship. When planning to build a custom home, consider that pricing, design, financing and construction all take time and detailed planning. From the time permits are issued, it takes at least six months, and it could be more.
Q7. What style of custom homes do you build?
Meridian Homes builds a range of architectural styles including Traditional, Contemporary, Modern, Industrial, and Transitional designs. All of the custom homes we build are with superior craftsmanship and we use only the finest available materials. If you can dream it, we can build it! Whether your budget is $200,000 or $2 million, we'll build a quality, energy efficient home tailored to you.
Q8. How is pricing determined?
Meridian Homes provides outstanding value. Many variables are factored into pricing. You are entering a land of unlimited options. Let's meet to figure it out together!
Q1. Do you look at the space prior to providing an estimate for the work?
Yes! Meridian Homes provides a complimentary site visit to communicate the goals of what you are looking to accomplish with a renovation. This gives us an opportunity to understand your needs to properly estimate the scope of the project.
Q2. How do I know what a renovation will cost?
After we visit your home and evaluate the renovations you are looking to accomplish, we provide you with an estimate range of the cost. We work with you to come to a desirable range of cost before we begin the work. Meridian's project success is built on master craftsmanship, open communication, creative visions and effective solutions.
Q3. Do you only do large remodels?
At Meridian Homes we work on a wide variety of renovations. We approach each remodel or renovation with creativity, unparalleled resourcefulness and expertise to make a distinctive difference for each of our client’s rejuvenated spaces. We begin with a site visit to determine our client’s needs, and communication is key through the entire renovation process.